Saturday, March 21, 2009

First Fit

Myshkin had his first fit today.

If I haven't said, he is epileptic.  This is also the reason why he was sent to Switzerland.  He received treatment which helped him in a significant way.  This was his first fit since he came back to Russia.

Have you every wondered what it feels like when they suffer from these fits?  We will never feel it because we are not, but let Fyodor take you into one of his fits, and you will imagine what it feels like, you will almost feel as if you're the one having the fit.

I wanted to rip off the part that describes what an epileptic goes through when he is about to 'get into' a fit; those few seconds before getting into it.  But I am afraid that it might be a spoiler for some.  So, after a few minutes of debate within myself, I decided to just leave it and let it be.

Fyodor describe the fit very effectively.  What really happens before they actually fall into that pit of darkness that only them could suffer?  This moment stayed with me even if I already closed my eyes to sleep.  The funny thing is, I almost thought of fearing that I myself might go into the fit,  affected by the way I imagined Fyodor's descriptions.

 It has been a long while already since I experienced having been affected by such stories and books.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...