Friday, June 5, 2009

Contracoup

So... I didn't live up to what I said the other day.
Duma Key book cover
I started with another book.  I really can't help it.  Seeing it on my things is really tempting.  Besides, I haven't read any book by him for quite a while now.  I really miss it.

The Duma Key.

I am not really sure what was the last book I read by him before this because it has been two years already.  Yeah, that long.  And when I got back, it wasn't his book that I started with.  It was deliberate though because I wanted to try another authors.

But reading 'him' again is really worth it.

Contracoup is a brain injury that can happen when your a moving object strikes your stationery head.  The funny thing is when I started reading the book with absolutely no clue about its story, I kinda wondered if this is another imagination by Stephen King.  Just like what he imagined in the book, "The Stand," which we SK people sometimes equate it for the H1N1 virus that struck the world just recently.  But  I checked it out online to find out if it really exist, and you can read more about it here.

Edgar suffered this as a result of the accident.  And since it happened, there were a lot of things he couldn't recall.  Everyday things in our lives he didn't seem to know the name.  He's healing though.  But his life is never the same because there were a lot he lost because of the accident.

Right now, he's at the Duma Keys.  His doctor said that going 'geographical' might do him some help.  And while at it, he went back to what he'd always wanted to do - draw.  So far, he has drawn only the beach.  Because he's there.  I wonder what else would he draw next.

*Image copied from Wikipedia

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...