Thursday, June 18, 2009

Astounding

I just do not know how to describe what I feel right now.

I have been too busy recently that I couldn't make myself go online to update my blogs simultaneously.  And the very fact that I couldn't put off my reading SK's Duma Key.

A few nights ago, I was even nightmarish waking up at about 4.00 am.  I don't really know if the book has anything to do with this, but since I haven't had one in a while, I am actually seeing it this way.  Admittedly, some of his books really wakes me in the middle of the night or are into my dreams.

I am trying to find a way to relate the thing that happened without giving out spoilers, but I guess it is really hard.  My apologies if this post will contain some, but I guess you just have to take it as somewhat a preview of what the whole book is really all about.

I often get a response of, "Horror!" whenver I am asked about the book I am reading or my favorite author.  But as a matter of fact, it isn't just pure H.  What just happened that I had to stop and write about is how Stephen King makes friendships at odd times.  He has done this on many, if not all, of his books, but nothing is the same with the other.  Here in Duma Key, one thing brought them together, another thing made them stay together, and another one sealed the friendship.  This brought me back to his book, "IT,'' and I can still remember "Stuttering Bill.''

I got so emotional about Edgar's friendship with Wireman, and Wireman's friendship with Edgar.  Sometimes, I think that we never see how much we love our friend until this time comes that is neither deliberate nor intentional.  It just comes.  And it just stays, no matter what.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...