Friday, May 29, 2009

So That's It

So that's how Twilight went.  I didn't say "so that's how the book ended…" since it's not yet the end.  In fact, I see Twilight as a sort of a long introduction to the love story of Edward and Bella.  Something of a backgrounder.  Like how it started it all.  Because that was how the book ended.  Or should I say…

That's how their story began.

I have read some writings about comparisons between Stephanie Meyer and Stephen King.  But in my opinion, they shouldn't be compared.  Although, I should say that sometimes, I am also guilty of doing so.  In fact, as I have said several times, I tend to use SK as my leverage when it comes to most of the books I read.  After all this time, I have learned to explore and love the styles and ways of writers that I haven't bought any book by SK since I started buying five months ago. 

The way I see it, SK will trigger your senses, will tickle your mind about most of his ideas.  SM, however, tries to zero in on this emotional aspect of us.  But I do not see this as a woman thing at all.  I think it just so happened that she has the ability to get us hook to a story using this technique.  It might be too early for me to say this since I only read one book.  But then again, the book took me to a world of heroes, love stories and loving out of the ordinary.  What it feels like to be other than human, how it feels like to be other than us.  As if it really existed.

Well, it really could.  

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...