Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Closer

I have reached the point where I want to write more about what I am reading, but I have to be very careful not to include spoilers.  I am nearing the end of the book and it seems this is the part where all of us become excited; become very eager to know what is to happen.

Both Tom and Maggie reached the age of early twenties.  As I have said on my previous post, their lives were about to change after they emerge from what I called their 'quicksand of fate' and 'quagmire of emotions.'  Right now, I feel like I am the one who is in that 'emotional quagmire' for I feel a lot of different emotions with regard to the happenings in the lives of both.  Sooner or later, I have a feeling that they will have to part.  But, is it how it really would be? 
Tom felt the pressure of the heart which forbids tears.
I like the way G. Eliot articulated this particular feeling.  This is a feeling I know a lot of us, if not all, have experienced but could not quite comprehend, could not quite describe.  Now by this quote, I now know what the feeling is.
The character of our lives is not created entirely from within.
So, this means that our character is partly in-born and partly cultivated?
Character is destiny.
G. Eliot quoted this from Novalis.  I wonder what this really means.
In the meantime, Maggie, I think is in a dilemna.  A situation that is very difficult to be in.  Although excitement is partly what I feel for her life right now, I cannot help but feel anxious, too, of how she can resolve her situation.  Could there be a way out with total absolution?

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...