Sunday, September 25, 2011

Full of Profound Thinking

I'm finally done with the book.  My Goodreads.com account said that I started it somewhere in August and it took me over a month.

The book is full of profound thinking.  The wisdom contained are countless and as deep as they can be.

I must admit that I stopped reading for some time.  Some of those days are actually because of my treatment.  I have been  undergoing chemotherapy since April of this year and at times, I couldn't bring myself to read.  Actually, I haven't been reading since April.

Some of those times are because of the internet, which is my greatest distraction on reading.

The last reason is the fact that it was really quite hard for me to bring myself to pick up the book because of its profound nature.  That is, at least to me.  There are a lot of things that needs time to actually think about.  The kind that you need to go to a somewhat quiet place, read a chapter or even just a page and contemplate on what St. Therese is really trying to say.  And a quiet place is one of the hardest to find these days.  Not to mention, again, the internet distraction.

However, I might want to read the book again.  There are passages embedded on the book that are really worth ruminating on.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...