Tuesday, October 26, 2010

There Was More of Chapter 21

That was 376 days in captivity.

Although I have always known it, it was a different thing reading about their ordeal and getting out of it.  Especially the last parts of their journey.

I won't forget about one of Gracia's wishes when she was finally rescued.  She wanted to meet the family of Ediborah.  She wanted to tell them, especially Ediborah's children, what a brave mother they have.  It is always difficult to be the bearer of the bad news, but Gracia's intention of meeting her children was of different nature.  I'm sure Ediborah's children made them proud of their mother.

The end of the book led me to the Gracia's website.  It was only then that I learned that there were parts of Chapter 21 that were edited from the book.  You can read about the rest of the chapter in her website.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...