Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Sounds I Wake Up To

Gracia woke up to the sound of roosters crowing.  She was even a little surprised that she can hear these sounds in the city of Manila.  And she didn't like it that well when she first came, I guess.

But for me, it was the other way around when I was out of the country.  I was looking for this particular sound.  I am used to and amused to waking up to the sounds of nature, like the roosters crowing, the birds tweeting and other sounds most birds do.

This morning, I woke up a little earlier than my usual biological clock.  A lot earlier.  As I lay down still hoping to find a little more sleep to take advantage of the cold weather before daylight, I savor these same sounds, and I thought, "even if life is not that easy, it's still very fulfilling to wake up to these sounds."

BETWEEN THE LINES:
"That happiness is not dependent on our circumstances but on our attitudes."

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...