Friday, September 3, 2010

Switched

I don't know why I am finding it hard to sit down with "The Last of the Mohicans."  The truth is I already started a few pages but that's it.  It seems that after two or three pages, I lose the grasp and stop reading.

That was some times last week. 

This afternoon, a conversation with a friend led me to this book.  It was actually an article about a local writer that I read last week.  We touched the article she wrote about this incident and hence, the book.  Incidentally, my friend has the book and she had it at her shop and allowed me to borrow it. 

"In the Presence of My Enemies" by Gracia Burnham.  This is actually a true story of a hostage-taking that happened here in the Philippines a few years ago.  The writer, Gracia, was the one who was caught by the rebels together with his husband, a priest and a few more people.  I know it was long ago but I got curious about what she had to tell and it's good to know that my friend has a book.

So, I decided to just start with this book and continue or restart with "The Last of the Mohicans" after I'm done reading this.


No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...