Sunday, April 25, 2010

The White Tiger. Done.

I didn't think twice about picking another book and started reading it. After contemplating about starting with it for a few weeks now, I really thought that I was ready for it. It was a thick book, that's the reason why I [even] tweeted about it; like, am I ready for this book?

So, I started.

But the introduction alone took about fifty or more pages. It, alone, started to bore me. I started to get confused about the characters of that book and those others that were written by the author. I am not saying it's not good though. It's just that I just didn't feel the need to even go through the introduction. But, I persevered. After a few days, I was done with it.

The first chapter of the book.

I read several pages then stopped. The characters are confusing as well as the plot and the setting. Yet, they're saying that this is one of the best books of all times. I think I'm just not ready for it. I just can't see the point of reading that book... at least for now.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...