Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tom's There

Nearing the end of Huck Finn's adventure, I was surprised that Tom Sawyer was part of the story.  Yeah, i know that they were friends.  He was actually in the first part, too, when they were planning to rob and do some things on people.

I actually wrote about Tom's influence on Huck's decisions and it became even more evident when they were together and had to decide on things.  I think that most of the time, Huck's decisions were wiser than Tom's, but just the same, it was Tom's that prevailed for the simple reason that Huck believed Tom knows everything.

The twist at the end was really unique though.  It was really unpredictable.  I should say that one thing that I sort of didn't like about the story was how it evolved on a pack of untruths (if there is such a word).  Come to think of it, the journey or adventure of Huckleberry Finn started with faking his own death.  One untrue story after another after another after another.

I guess this is the only way the adventures could be put together in one story.  And I believe that it's the only way to make the story work.  But it really takes a good imagination and an excellent creativity and an amazing talent to piece them all together.

THE END

THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN

MARK TWAIN

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...