Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Image

Part of Blaze's childhood or youth was spent blueberry raking where they were sent for the rest of the harvest days at the farm of Mr. Bluenote.  Here, they lived with some girls from a correctional and some boys from some another end of the town.  This lasted for the season that began from the second week of July to the third or fourth week of August.  This went on until some guys from somewhere started to question Mr.  Bluenote's income and all.  I couldn't forget what Mr. Bluenote said.  I remember having thought of something like this way back.  I tried searching my blogs because I remembered I wrote it down [or thought I did] but I never found it.

But anyway, here's what Mr. Bluenote said [and something that I agree with; back then and now]:
All I want to do is show these kids what a good life gets you.  What they do about it after they've seen it is up to them.  Ain't none of you ever been stuck in the mud and needed a push?
This is so beautifully said.

Every kid needs someone to look up to; to show him what a good life is, to let him know that there is a good life out there, if we just work hard enough.  All we need, too, is an image to look up to to lead us to a life.  In this case, I think Blaze wasn't really into much of a good life.  He found an image that would lead him to life, but not an entirely good image after all.  But just the same, it's George who made him feel good; feel good that at least there is someone out there to remind him to cut his hair, to brush his teeth, and that his clothes need washing.  He needed someone for all these simple things.

And it made him very sad that George wasn't there for him anymore.

Blaze is now all by himself; again.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...