Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'll Cross The Bridge

I think this is going to be my third classical novel.
The Mill on The Floss
It is 'The Mill on the Floss' by George Eliot.

I am reading this alternately with 'Twilight,' which I actually started about a month ago but couldn't for some reason.  But right now, I think I'll be able to double-read just in case I get bored somewhere with either of the book.

The story started with the description of the little place as the storyteller stands on the bridge.  I was really carried away by how G. Eliot described the scenery.  I was to the point of actually smelling the breeze smelling of soil and all.  That was how far i have gone so far.  Standing in the middle of the bridge, watching the small town before me.  I think I'll have a good time in this town.

I would admit that I had a hard time with the book The Idiot and didn't seek any study guides or something like that.  But since now, I discovered [yeah, I hear ya... only now] that I can have some study guides on the internet which would help me figure out some things that I am having a hard time understanding.  You can also click on the link if you would like to know more about the book.  But right now, I can tell you, I am not sure if these are spoilers since I haven't read much yet.... either of the book nor the study guide.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...